Decision Maker: Executive
Decision status: Recommmend to Council
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
RESOLVED – That the following recommendations be referred to Council:
(1) That in the view of the Chief Financial Officer, that the estimates included in the Medium Term Financial Plan 2020/21 to 2023/24 are robust and that the level of financial reserves whilst at minimum levels are adequate, be accepted.
(2) That officers report back to Executive and to the Budget Scrutiny Committee on a quarterly basis regarding the overall position in respect of the Council’s budgets. These reports to include updates on achieving savings and efficiencies for 2020/21 and future years.
(3) A Council Tax increase of £5.00 is levied in respect of a notional Band D property (2.83%).
(4) The Medium Term Financial Plan in respect of the General Fund as set out in Appendix 1 to the report be approved as the Revised Budget 2019/20, as the Original Budget in respect of 2020/21, and the financial projection in respect of 2021/22 to 2023/24.
(5) That any further under spend in respect of 2019/20 is transferred to the Council’s General Fund Reserves.
(6) On the basis that income from Planning Fees may exceed £0.500m in 2019/20, the Chief Executive in consultation with the Leader be granted delegated powers to authorise such additional resources as are necessary to effectively manage the resultant increase in workload.
HOUSING REVENUE ACCOUNT (HRA)
(7) That Council sets its rent levels in line with government policy, increasing rent levels by CPI (1.7%) plus 1% to apply from 1st April 2020.
(8) That the increases in respect of other charges as outlined in Appendix 3 Table 1 to the report be implemented with effect from 1st April 2020.
(9) The Medium Term Financial Plan in respect of the Housing Revenue Account as set out in Appendix 3 to the report be approved as the Revised Budget in respect of 2019/20, as the Original Budget in respect of 2020/21, and the financial projection in respect of 2021/22 to 2023/24.
(10) That under spends in respect of 2020/21 to 2023/24 are transferred to the HRA Revenue Reserve.
(11) That the Capital Programme as set out in Appendix 4 to the report be approved as the Revised Budget in respect of 2019/20, and as the Approved Programme for 2020/21 to 2023/24.
(12) That the Director of Development be granted delegated powers in consultation with the relevant Portfolio Holder and the Asset Management Group to approve the utilisation of the £260,000 of AMP Refurbishment Work allocation, with such approvals to be reported back to Executive through the Quarterly Budget Monitoring Report.
Publication date: 10/02/2020
Date of decision: 10/02/2020
Decided at meeting: 10/02/2020 - Executive