Decision Maker: Executive
Decision status: Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
1) That an extension to the Local Development Order is put in place to support the Shop Front Repairs Grants Scheme across the wider area
2) The reason for the extension to the Local Development Order is tosupport the significant investment being made in improving the environmental quality of the Market Square in Shirebrook by
(i) streamlining the planning process for the works that the Shop Front Repairs Grants Scheme is targeting,
(ii) speeding up the delivery of grant money and subsequent improvements to the Town centre, and
(iii) ensuring a consistent high quality of design is achieved that provides a long-lasting legacy that will benefit the local community, improve the character and appearance of the local area and improve the local economy.
3) The Extended Local Development Order grants planning permission for alterations and improvements to shop frontages, including replacement windows and doors, new or replacement canopies, new or replacement cladding, new or replacement fascia, new or replacement shutters and similar items, for all premises located within the areas edged green, blue and red on the plan attached as Appendix A.1 operating either in an A1 Use (retail), A2 Use (professional offices), A3 Use (cafes), A4 Use (drinking establishments) or A5 Use (hot food takeaway) and/or Class E and Class F (business premises and community facilities) at street level, subject to the following conditions:
o Prior approval for the proposed alterations must be obtained from the Local Planning Authority prior to the commencement of any development;
o The design of the proposed alterations and the final external appearance of the shop frontage must be in accordance with the design principles set out in the Shop Front Design Guide.
o Any alterations approved under this Order must be completed within two years of approval
Development not permitted:
o There must be no alterations to the shape to the main roof over the existing premises.
4) That the Order shall take effect following approval by the Executive.
5) That delegated authority be granted to the Planning Manager (Development Control) to grant and/or grant delegated powers to other officers in the Planning Service to grant prior approval for subsequent applications made under this LDO.
Publication date: 30/09/2020
Date of decision: 28/09/2020
Decided at meeting: 28/09/2020 - Executive