Decision status: Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
1) that the Local Development Order be put in place to facilitate and enable the regeneration of Shirebrook Market Place.
2) the reason for the Local Development Order was to support the significant investment being made in improving the environmental quality of the Market Place in Shirebrook and to accelerate delivery of regeneration schemes should funding arise by
(i) streamlining the planning process for the regeneration works
(ii) ensuring a consistent high quality of design was achieved that provided a long-lasting legacy that would benefit the local community, improve the character and appearance of the Market Place and improve the local economy.
3) the Local Development Order grants planning permission for improvements and additions to the Market Place within the area shown on red on the plan set out in the report, including:
· hard and soft landscaping works, including planting, planters, re-surfacing, and water features
· street furniture, including seating, bus stops, bins, cycle racks, information boards, bollards, and street safety measures
· small buildings for community uses including toilet blocks, changing rooms, and information points
· public art
· play equipment
subject to the following conditions:
· prior approval for the proposed works must be obtained from the Local Planning Authority prior to the commencement of any development
4) That the Order shall take effect following approval by the Executive
5) That delegated authority be granted to the Planning Manager (Development Control) to grant and/or grant delegated powers to officers in the Planning Service to grant prior approval for subsequent applications made under this LDO.
Wards Affected: Shirebrook North;
Report author: Sarah Kay
Publication date: 24/02/2021
Date of decision: 22/02/2021
Decided at meeting: 22/02/2021 - Executive