Venue: Council Chamber, The Arc, Clowne
Contact: Alison Bluff Governance Officer
Apologies For Absence
Apologies for absence were received from Councillors Mary Dooley and Peter Roberts.
Urgent Items of Business
To note any urgent items of business which the Chairman has consented to being considered under the provisions of Section 100(B) 4(b) of the Local Government Act 1972.
There was no urgent business to be considered at the meeting.
Declarations of Interest
Members should declare the existence and nature of any Disclosable Pecuniary Interest and Non Statutory Interest as defined by the Members’ Code of Conduct in respect of:
a) any business on the agenda
b) any urgent additional items to be considered
c) any matters arising out of those items
and if appropriate, withdraw from the meeting at the relevant time.
There were no declarations made at the meeting.
Committee considered a report which set out the draft Sex Establishment Policy. The draft Policy was attached to the report at Appendix 1.
Following the Committee’s consideration of the draft policy a public consultation would take place before the final version of the policy was submitted to Council for adoption.
The draft Policy included:
· An introduction, which set out the Council’s approach to sex establishment regulation
· Findings of the public consultation
· Statutory criteria for mandatory and discretionary grounds for refusal of an application
· Details for granting of licences for each type of sex establishment (sexual entertainment venues, sex cinemas and sex shops)
· Details of other legislation relevant to the grant or refusal of a licence
· Specifying exemptions
· Procedures for considering applications, variations, renewals, transfers and revocations
· Interpretation of key terms
· Standards conditions for each type of sex establishment.
Moved by Councillor Steve Fritchley and seconded by Councillor Andrew Joesbury
RESOLVED that the draft Sex Establishment Policy be noted and approved for public consultation.